Good Scientific Practice
Knowledge, communication, and support of Good Scientific Practice is a key factor in pursuing high-quality research. Hence, it is necessary to establish Good Scientific Practice as an ever actual and important topic of academic work. From Master’s student to experienced researcher, from beginner to doctoral supervisor, Good Scientific Practice is relevant for all academic levels, although with different implications. Thus, the information and service offers collected on this website may be helpful for students and academic staff of all qualification levels alike.
- Best Practice Guide for Research Integrity and Ethics
- Austrian Agency for Research Integrity Guidelines for Good Scientific Practice
- Recommendations for Safeguarding Good Scientific Practice (DFG German Research Foundation)
- The European Code of Conduct for Research Integrity
- Singapore Statement on Research Integrity
- Cope – Committee on Publication Ethics (Guidelines, Best Practices ...)
- ICMJE Recommendations on Authorship
- Netzwerk der österreichischen Hochschulombudsstellen (Network of Austrian Ombuspersons at Universities)
- Think. Check. Attend. provides an overview of scientific conferences which are trustworthy.
Think. Check. Submit. provides an overview of academic journals which are trustworthy.
Office hours after appointment. Via Skype4Business/Phone, or on campus in the Besprechungsraum, Halbärthgasse 6, 1st floor (no elevator), or the Room 0062, UB-Gebäude, Universitätsplatz 3a, 2nd floor (wheelchair accessible).