Good Scientific Practice
Knowledge, communication, and support of Good Scientific Practice is a key factor in pursuing high-quality research. Hence, it is necessary to establish Good Scientific Practice as an ever actual and important topic of academic work. From Master’s student to experienced researcher, from beginner to doctoral supervisor, Good Scientific Practice is relevant for all academic levels, although with different implications. Thus, the information and service offers collected on this website may be helpful for students and academic staff of all qualification levels alike.
- Best Practice Guide for Research Integrity and Ethics
- Austrian Agency for Research Integrity Guidelines for Good Scientific Practice
- Recommendations for Safeguarding Good Scientific Practice (DFG German Research Foundation)
- The European Code of Conduct for Research Integrity
- Singapore Statement on Research Integrity
- Cope – Committee on Publication Ethics (Guidelines, Best Practices ...)
- ICMJE Recommendations on Authorship
- Netzwerk der österreichischen Hochschulombudsstellen (Network of Austrian Ombuspersons at Universities)
- Think. Check. Attend. provides an overview of scientific conferences which are trustworthy.
Think. Check. Submit. provides an overview of academic journals which are trustworthy.
The OeAWI's eLearning environment offers documents on the following content:
- Authorship & Publication (English)
- Data Management (English)
- Good Scientific Practice (English)
- Plagiarism (English)
- Research Misconduct (English)
In addition, courses from the EU project VIRT²UE are made available on the following topics:
- Introduction to Research Integrity
- Introduction of Virtue Ethics to Research Integrity
- Virtue Ethics under current research conditions
The courses are seen as a starting point for discussing and reflecting on the topics with the relevant target groups on site at the institutions. In order to be able to reach both Austrian and international students and researchers, the materials are offered in English.
You can find more information about the content here: Training Overview : ÖAWI (oeawi.at)
You can register for the e-learning platform here: Memberpress Register : ÖAWI (oeawi.at)
With a series of events, the University of Graz offers students and researchers support and further training opportunities relating to good scientific practice.
Some examples are given below:
Workshop on Good Scientific Practice - Doctoral Academy
Supervision of (pre) scientific work / Writing of theses (BA / MA / Dipl.) / Include literature and cite - Writing Center University of Graz
Scientific Publishing - University Library
Office hours after appointment. Via Skype4Business/Phone, or on campus in the Besprechungsraum, Heinrichstraße 22, 2nd floor (elevator), or the Room 0062, UB-Gebäude, Universitätsplatz 3a, 2nd floor (wheelchair accessible).